Sunday, June 01, 2008

Here now...

My mom flew into Rochester with me Thursday night to help me settle in. We drove to some of the Finger Lakes, visited Ithaca, saw Iron Man (very good!) and ate some good meals. I felt like we came to early because I am anxious to start school and I didn't want to hang out but it ended up being ok. We traveled the city a bit which helped me orient myself.
I am here at the RIT dorms for the Summer Semester. I have never lived away from Cali before (for longer than a month) and this is a very weird sensation. It isn't like I am living in my own apartment, its almost like summer camp, without the counselors. I am looking forward to meeting people.
I start school tomorrow at 8am. I couldn't get my computer working in my room. Apparently, I have to take it to the IT office tomorrow. I also need to get my RIT ID and go to the student store and get supplies. I am excited to go to my first class tomorrow.
I am sitting in the computer lab in the bottom floor of my dorm building without much to do. I checked Myspace, email, and a little Google reader to waste some time, but now what. Earlier the housing people said that there would be about 250 people in these dorms for the summer. Today may be a very boring day until tomorrow when I start classes.

Until next time....

ps, These are what I am watching on Ebay.


No comments: