Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Last night

Sunday night we stumbled onto a once a year graffiti/hip-hop event hosted by Under Pressure. We hung out with the hippest kids in Montreal, drank cheap tasting expensive beer and rode the locals fixies. We got tips on where to go and what to see.

The following morning, we walked the city, had a wine and cheese picnic in the park and climbed a 196 step clock tower. As the night came to an end wandering around the city, we stopped at a cafe for some late night coffee. We scanned the local paper for events. I read an advertising for a music show, "People Under the Stars". One of my favorite hip-hop groups from Los Angeles is called "People Under the Stairs". I wanted to believe it was them, but it seemed to good to be true. The night ended without any internet acess and no way to know if this was the right group.

Today, we woke up early, rented four bikes for free and rode around Montreal for five hours. Once lunch was finished, and we had stopped sweating, I knew I had to investigate this musical adventure. I called home to LA and had my friend Nola check to see if they were really preforming. She confirmed it! We found the venue and bought tickets for tonight's 8pm show. $16.50, a nap, dinner, and then we are there. Tomorrow drive the 500+ miles home.

Rochester greets me with a new apartment and a bedroom full of boxes. I still need a bed, desk, dresser and car. Oh the circles life can lead.

No comments: