Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Meeting new people

I was wandering the streets of NYC when I ran into these two stickers. They are well done photographs of interesting subjects. On each one there is a logo and website. Guilty as charged I peeled off one (sorry Alessandro) and did some research. The photographer is Alessandro Zuek Simmonetti of Italy. I really liked his work and saw he lives in New York City. I wanted to meet him and went for it. I email him on Monday and two days later we sipping coffee and fresh squeezed OJ at a Lower East Side cafe. Of all the random people I meet he was the kindest, most interesting and generous. He showed me his work on his computer and after about forty five minutes of chatting he took me up to see his apartment. He showed me his complete 16x20 black and white portfolio, gave me stickers, and peppered me with promo materials. We exchanged great information. Alessandro Zuek Simmonetti is offically awesome. Next time I'm in NYC I will buy him coffee. Thanks Ale! Check out his website for more photos, ZuekPhotography.com

© 2008 Graham Walzer

© 2008 Alessandro Zuek Simmonetti
© 2008 Alessandro Zuek Simmonetti
© 2008 Alessandro Zuek Simmonetti
© 2008 Alessandro Zuek Simmonetti

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I very much enjoyed his website. Reminds me of some of your "old" stuff. Thank you for sharing.