Sunday, May 10, 2009

Feelings

Our hearts and minds dont work together. We think logically about feelings and ways to proceed. We come to conclusions that make complete sense for the brain. After that, I listen to my heart. "Hey there little guy. What do you think about this descision?" He dosnt complain, has no objections and actually seems to encourage the choice.
Why do our hearts deceive us? Im led to believe one thing, I jump in heart first, completely exposed. "I dont care, I know what I am doing, and even if I dont, things will be okay." But as things play out, i get hurt, and in these moments, its the worst thing in the world. Again, I can hear my brain saying, "Everything will be alright, just give it time." Fuck you, I scream to my brain and heart working together, not in my best interest.
I feel betrayed. At first by you, then myself. "I thought about this in a logical way." Im fooled. I trusted my heart as well. Im fooled twice. How can I make any choices in the future?
In essence, choices are what life is made of. If we cant trust ourselves to choose, do we leave it up to a flip of a coin? Rock-paper-scissors?


I want to pull out my heart, grab my soul, and use my tears to create the bloodiest, heartbroken collage people have ever seen.

3 comments:

Joe Orsillo said...

turn that frown upside down. ice cream always works for me.

Unknown said...

This doesn't sound like my graham! You are a great guy...my friend as well as my grandson. I loved the mother's day card and I'm looking forward to seeing you soon.

Cheer up old chap!

Anonymous said...

my timeline is so blurry that i cant straighten this out and find its place on the map.

i like the collage idea. i dont like the confusedregrethurt idea.

spring is suppose to be the season of birth and growth. maybe we are doomed to a late summer of these things.

see you then.